Thursday, August 19, 2010

Another Fashion Concept

Finally, I have landed in Minnesota (the land of 10,000 lakes and 10,000,000 mosquitos). Haven't been home in almost 2 years...and I can def tell it's been too long. The plane ride was pretty long...got to sit next to a pretty cute guy from Canada, but unfortunately he annoyed me the whole 3 hours with his loud music. My little sister picked me up. As I was walking through the airport in an outfit not so appropriate for the midwest (a pair of my crazy leggings), I got a few funny stares and points.

I think I walked off the plane into a whole other fashion concept. You know the kind designers put together as inspiration for their collections as a marketing pitch.

After getting lost several times because my sister wasn't familiar with Minneapolis, I finally arrived home to good ol Le Center. Not much has changed since I have left. Some things are a little different, like the big tree that was once in my front yard is now replaced by a small tree due to a bad storm last summer. Other than that, still pretty much the same. It felt good to see the fam and relax in a real house instead of a tiny Manhattan apt. Now my only problem is what to do! No starbucks, shopping, or fun places to go within 30 miles!

I traded sky high buildings for people high corn fields. Should be a fun 6 days. Life is a lot slower here and apprectiated more so than in the big apple. While I was renewing my license a lady asked where I was coming from because I said my r's weird...uh oh...I hope i'm not picking up that NYC accent!! haha...

So far, so good...

Can't wait to head to the county fair and get some fair food!! :)

Don't you go having too much fun without me New York City...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...