Sunday, April 11, 2010

Slippery Subway Grates

I have just started to create a new collection. The inspiration for this collection came from some lyrics from one of my favorite songs by Postal Service:
"Be Still My Heart"

I was running late for work
So I didn't change my shirt
The evening's drinks left a lingering taste in my mouth
And when I left
You were fast asleep
Tangled in the sheets
And on the bus I could have sworn it was all a dream
And it didn't happen to me

And then I felt the scrapes
From the slippery subway grate.
Oh how you laughed
At my complete lack of grace.
But I could not recall
A more perfect fall
Cause when I looked up into your eyes
It didn't hurt at all.

And I thought, be still my heart
This could be a brand new start, with you.
And it will be clear
If I wake up and you're still here with me in the morning.

And I thought, be still my heart
This could be a brand new start, with you.
And it will be clear
If I wake up and you're still here with me in the morning. 

I used all spandex based fabrics with several different textures, mixing in 3D fabrics with mesh. There are other pieces to come I just havent had time to create them all yet. The collection due to the inspiration, has a very urban and punky look...the first three photos are my inspirational images!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...