Tuesday, May 17, 2011

savage beauty


Over the weekend I went to the Met Museum to check out the Alexander McQueen exhibition they have going on there. OMG...words seriously can't describe how amazing it is...for one whole hour I died and went to heaven...and I wasn't even a hardcore follower of his. It wasn't just his fashion though that inspired me...He was actually quite the thinker and although he was a designer he knew way more about history and small details in his inspirations that most people over look. He didn't just get inspired for his collections he literally used every last detail for them. He had a lot of really awesome and deep quotes. Most people at the exhibit totally didn't even know what they were looking at...His stuff is seriously a work of art...He was able to turn his deepest thoughts into something amazing and different from any other designer out there. He wasn't out there to make anyone love him...he did what he wanted and if no one liked it he would just come out with something even more crazy and insane.
Here were some of my favorite quotes:
"Clothes and jewelery should be startling, individual. When you see a woman in my clothes, you want to know more about them. To me, that is what distinguishes good designers from bad designers. "

"You have to learn the rules to break the rules."

“There is no way back for me now. I am going to take you on journeys you’ve never dreamed were possible.”

"I’m a romantic schizophrenic"


"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind..."

"I don't really get inspired by specific women. It's not like you see a beautiful woman and she becomes your muse. It's more in the minds of women in the past, like Catherine the Great or Marie Antoinette. People who were doomed. Joan of Arc or Colette. Iconic Women. "








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...