Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy 3 Years NYC...

Fourth of July marks my 3 year anniversary with New York City. Crazy how fast time flies. Seems like just yesterday I was sitting in my small high school classroom daydreaming of the Big Apple and becoming a fashion designer. To think in just 3 short years I move out here, finish school, and start on my career in fashion. Not knowing anyone, or how to draw, or even anything about the city...I sure had a lot to learn. I made friends, and lost friends, got my heartbroken one to many times, moved 3 times to 3 different neighborhoods, worked 50 hours a week, almost got run over(more than once), was in 3 fashion shows, learned to take the subway with my eyes closed, shopped waaay too much, ran all over heck, and got no sleep...but along the way I found myself and who I want to be. So to all those who said I would never make it, or to give up before I even tried...thanks...cuz without you, I wouldn't have pushed myself harder. And to those of you who supported me along the way...thanks even more...cuz without your support I would have never been able to make it through the hard times and become what I want to.


I realized it doesn't matter in the end if everyone loves you, as long as you love yourself. New York is my first love. Happy 3 years NYC.




1 comment:

  1. dev!!!! miss u so so so much!! was thinking about u on u bday, on all our good times together!! love u!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...