Monday, March 10, 2014

SkyRoom-Psychedelic Disco


Hey Hey! Its been a while...but I have been soo busy sewing I have neglected my blog. Plus I'm not going to lie I have been kinda over blogs for a bit. But I figured I had enough time off and if I don't keep track of what I'm doing no one will.

So a few weeks ago I had a fashion show with Pamela at Skyroom. I got pretty inspired  for this upcoming spring and made all these crazy colorful and psychedelic dresses. I think I sewed like 7 dresses in 2 days! Talk about cray.

But anyways...it all came out pretty cool in the end. Looking back at it all now I didn't realize how colorful of a person I really am. I mean if I could see myself everyday I would say "Yes I am colorful". But I really don't know any other way of life. Most people move to New York City and after a month are draped head to toe in black. Me--not so much. Color is me. Its really cool though to see all those girls walking through a dark lit spot and standing out. I could see every single one of them mingled in with groups of people shortly after the show. It was like I was standing in someone else's body for a second and looking at myself. Kinda cool.

So after that experience I realized I am colorful.

But color to me is so much more than just seeing something. To me it is a way of expressing myself at that moment. I cant pick a favorite color because I honestly love them all. Some days I'm attracted to blue, others pink. Some days I even settle for an almost black green.

So, the next time someone tells me something I made would be soo much cooler in black...I'll make sure to NEVER make it in black.
 
col·or
ˈkələr/
noun
noun: colour; noun: color; plural noun: colors
  1. 1.
    the property possessed by an object of producing different sensations on the eye as a result of the way the object reflects or emits light.

Color, here's to you...and many many more dresses :)

Shop my dresses online at www.devynmarie.storenvy.com





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...